Recognition & Accolades
In over 35 years of its operations, LRBT has been recognized for its services and achievements nationally and internationally. LRBT impacts and improve the life of more patients than any NGO in the country.
7th FPCCI Achievement Awards
The Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI) has awarded LRBT with a Gold Medal in the eye sector for the year 2018 for the second time. Mr. Riaz Hussain Khokhar, Trustee, received it on behalf of LRBT at a ceremony held at the Aiwan-e -Sadr, Islamabad on 25th July 2019.
LRBT is Proud to Receive the Corporate Excellence Award
LRBT is proud to receive the Corporate Excellence Award ’17 (non- profit sector), 3rd year in a row by Management Association of Pakistan. It is a proud moment for each and every individual associated with LRBT as such honors do not only add to our motivation but also mark that our services to the underprivileged are greatly acknowledged.
Global Giving 2020
To show appreciation for LRBT’s efforts in our fight against curable blindness in Pakistan Global Giving is proud to make LRBT their Vetted Partner for 2020.
Rotary Club Karachi
International Agency for Prevention of Blindness’s, IAPB
Ministry of Health Pakistan
- Graham Layton was honoured Sitara-e-Quaid-e-Azam (Star of Pakistan) in 1990 for his tireless work for the underprivileged in Pakistan. Also, in UK he was advanced CBE in the 1994 New Year’s Honours.
- Rotary Club Karachi Cosmopolitan (Distt 3270) recognized Graham Layton (Founder Chairman LRBT) on 15th February, 1992 for his services to humanity and community.
- International Agency for Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) awarded “Regional Achievement Award” to our founder the late Graham Layton in 2004.
- Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology (APAO) Conference awarded a shield to Khwaja Zafar Hassan for his services towards prevention and combating blindness in Pakistan.
- Government of Pakistan through the Federal Minister of Health awarded a Shield in 2005 to LRBT in recognition and appreciation of its outstanding contribution to the prevention of blindness and advancing professional educational understanding and goodwill amongst mankind.
- 1st Annual “Health and Environment National Excellence Award 2005”.
- LRBT was nominated for the ‘2008 Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize’ which honours a charitable or non governmental organization that has made an extraordinary contribution towards alleviating human suffering anywhere in the world. This Prize is the world’s biggest humanitarian award and previous awardees include Medicines Sans Frontieres, International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims and Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee (BRAC)
- LRBT is a partner of the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI).
- LRBT has been nominated for 2009 Gates Award for Global Health. The Global Health Council is the world’s largest membership alliance dedicated to saving lives by improving health throughout the world.
- LRBT has been nominated for 2009 Antonio Champalimaud award. The Champalimaud Foundation, based in Lisbon, Portugal, was created at the bequest of the late Portuguese industrialist and entrepreneur, António de Sommer Champalimaud. Leonor Beleza, former Portuguese Minister of Health, is the Foundation’s President.
- The Committeee for Improvement in Transparency, Accountability & Governance (ITAG) of the South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) adjudged LRBT for Certificate of Merit in the category of Non-Governmental Organizations (including NPOs) sector. The ceremony of SAFA Best Presented Annual Report Awards & SAARC Anniversary Awards for Corporate Governance Disclosures – 2011 was organized by Institute of Chartered Accountants of Srilanka in Columbo, Srilanka on March 22, 2013.
Mr.Najmus Saquib Hameed, Honorary Chairman LRBT was honoured by the President of Pakistan with Tamgha e Imtiaz in 2015 for his outstanding social services. A great leader, leading the institution in an exemplary manner and carrying on the legacy of its founders.
- The Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry awarded LRBT with 1st FPCCI Achievement Awards Certificate for outstanding services in Pharmaceutical, Medical & Health Care Facilities.
- LRBT was awarded the Certificate Of Corporate Excellence in “Not for Profits” by the Management Association of Pakistan (MAP) at the 30th Corporate Excellence Awards Ceremony held at The Governor House. MAP also celebrated it’s golden jubilee on this occasion. President of Pakistan Mr. Mamnoon Hussain did the honors.