- This Tertiary facility was established in 1987 in rented accommodation. It has 84 beds and qualified doctors and consultants.
- The hospital is a referral point for Secondary hospitals in Punjab & NWFP region
- It has the specialty clinics for Paediatric and Strabismus, Laser & Retina, Glaucoma, Cornea & Low Vision
- This Tertiary hospital has also been provided with Ocular Coherence Tomography (OCT) machines; they are the first of their kind in Pakistan and have the capability to do split pathology of the retina.
- The hospital has a Cancer Screening Clinic, primarily for women. About 30 patients are checked daily for early detection of breast and cervical cancer. Pap smear facilities are available; patients suspected of cancer are referred to specialized hospitals for treatment.
- The hospital has a large conference hall and rooms for specialist clinics. State of the art equipment provides top quality care for all patients, including children and also allows the hospital to be a teaching hospital for local surgeons and overseas doctors, particularly in Phaco emulsification surgery. The hospital is recognized for postgraduate studies by the College of Surgeons and Physicians, Pakistan.
- Each day on average over 900 outpatients are seen and over 120 major and minor surgeries performed free.
Lahore Hospitals LRBT Admin 2017-06-12T11:58:18+00:00